|Information on this webpage forms part of our commitment in our Student Charter|
While you live in halls, you are expected to honour your contract with your halls provider – whether that is the University of South Wales or a private sector student hall. To give you an easy overview, we’ve collected together the main rules, policies, and contracts on this page.
University halls policies
- Treforest Regulations and Conditions of Occupancy this forms part of your halls contract
- Disciplinary Procedure for Halls Residents – this outlines how the University reacts when rules of conduct are violated.
- Investigation Procedure – this details the steps taken and the relevant people involved in investigating an incident in the halls environment.
- HAP Appeal Form
- Accommodation Services Privacy Notice
Inventories and costs of damages
Damages occurring as a result of natural wear and tear are repaired free of charge. However, items which suffer malicious damage or damage as result of gross negligence will have to be paid for.
At the start of your tenancy, you will be asked to sign and confirm an inventory of your room, and there is also an inventory for kitchens.
Essential information for residents (Treforest)
- Liberty Living: Guide to Living – a supplementary part of the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement that students living in Liberty Living’s student halls agree to.